Technical Services/Quality Control Technician (Gainesville/Leesburg)
The Technical Service/Quality Control Technician implements and complies with quality assurance methods and procedures to ensure products and materials are produced in accordance with specifications.
- Perform specimen tests of concrete from random loads or for special jobs or mixes; prepare test reports as required.
- Oversee unique jobs to ensure product standards are met, i.e., jobs that have restrictive specifications or require large quantities of material to be delivered.
- Perform aggregates and batch plants tests including daily graduation and moisture tests on all concrete being produced for State and spec projects.
- Certify concrete loads being delivered to "spec" jobs in accordance with SHA specifications; check loads for proper procedure and time of mixing.
- Perform quality assurance tests on trial batches of new concrete mix designs under close tolerance conditions and make adjustments until mixture meets specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems with customers, analyze and evaluate specific conditions, situations, quantities, etc., and provide appropriate resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and training to plant managers, equipment and yard operators, and drivers when requested.
- Perform laboratory tests including gradation, moisture, lightweight particles and specific gravity tests on aggregates.
- Select samples for materials that need certification by an outside laboratory or that are beyond the department capability. Transport these samples to the testing agency.
- Perform additional tasks such as cleaning facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness, moving equipment and materials, and completing tasks for other positions when incumbent is absent.
- Assist the Technical Services Manager and Assistant Manager as needed.